Why Give to Langton Green?
Your gift makes a real difference in the lives of our residents and their families. When you make a gift to Langton Green you are supporting a community founded more than 30 years ago as an alternative to traditional institutions. You are helping to provide homes, support, and a wide variety of services to men and women aged 21 and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
At Langton Green we believe that adults with disabilities can choose to live independent, full and healthy lives. We provide several residential living options and a range of services and supports that are designed to help each individual learn new skills and find ways to participate in productive activities.
The Langton Green Community Farm provides vocational training and work opportunities for interested individuals and food for our organization and other nonprofits in need. We donate surplus food from our farm and have active partnerships with nonprofits such as the Maryland Food Bank and Annapolis Light House.
In addition to raising and maintaining fruit, vegetables, and livestock, at the farm we also are a focal point for arts activities, live musical performances, educational and vocational programming for the local county school system, goat yoga, Zumba sessions, and more fun, exciting and therapeutic events and activities developing all the time. Check out our upcoming events listing or the Langton Green Community Farm Facebook page for more information.
Your unrestricted gift supports our mission to help adults with disabilities choose to live independent, full and healthy lives.
You can also designate your gift to the following special programs:
Langton Green Community Farm Vocational Program:
Our newest venture, the Langton Green Community Farm in Millersville, Md., is funded through generous donations and grants. The 13-acre farm offers vocational training and supports to our individuals and is a resource for the wider community.
Your gift supports a thriving vocational program for those individuals at Langton Green who are interested in working at the Farm. Your gift can even make the renovation of a home and purchase of new equipment at the farm possible.
Checks and cash are often simplest for many of our donors and these gifts are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to mail or deliver your gift to us in person.
Please make checks payable to: Langton Green, Inc.
Mailing address: 3016 Arundel on the Bay Road, Annapolis, MD 21403
You can also give online!
Yes. Pledged Gifts may be made in annual installments of cash or stock. Annual gifts can be made as installments, paid monthly, quarterly or semi-annually over 12 months. Multi-year pledge payment installments can be arranged according to your wishes. You will be recognized for the full amount with our deepest appreciation.
Your gift, no matter what the amount, is important! Even $25 can have significant impact on the lives of the individuals who receive our services. While federal and state funding may cover essential services, many of these individuals cannot afford other kinds of basics, like attending a movie, buying an ice cream cone, or joining in a special activity in the community. Your gift makes a difference.
es! There are many ways you can donate to Langton Green, often with tax advantages. A few are described below. Please consult your financial advisor for detailed advice and strategies. Please contact us with any questions. We greatly appreciate your generous support.
- Real Estate: If you own property that is fully paid off and has appreciated in value, a gift of property to Langton Green will help our residents as they work to achieve independent lives. You can deduct the fair market value of your gift, avoid capital gains taxes and remove this asset from your taxable estate.
- Retirement Plan: Designate Langton Green, Inc. as the beneficiary of your IRA or 401(k) to easily make a lasting gift without updating your will. You may stipulate a specific amount or a percentage of a retirement account to go to Langton Green.
- Life Insurance: Name Langton Green as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy or transfer ownership of an existing policy to Langton Green
- Stock Gifts: Gifts of appreciated securities and mutual funds can be extremely beneficial to Langton Green and offer potential tax deductions. Gifts of marketable stocks or mutual fund shares that have appreciated may be made and also create an immediate income tax deduction for you based on the assets’ current value.
- Life Income Gifts: Charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts offer an immediate income tax deduction and lifetime income payments. If your gift is funded with appreciated securities or real estate, you may also avoid capital gains taxes.
- Charitable Lead Trust: A charitable lead trust is both an income and wealth transfer vehicle, enabling you to transfer income-producing assets at minimal or no transfer-tax cost. The gifts will be immediately available to Langton Green.
- Donor-Advised Funds: You can recommend a gift through your fund’s host organization. For more information, contact us at: email@example.com.
Langton Green participates in the State of Maryland Community Investment Tax Credit program. Tax credits may be available first-come, first serve to major donors, depending on eligibility and availability. For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Langton Green, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We have provided no goods or services for your donation, which is tax deductible. Langton Green, Inc. is a charitable organization registered with the Maryland Secretary of State. If you wish to obtain a copy of Langton Green’s current financial statement, please make your request in writing to Langton Green, Inc., 3016 Arundel on the Bay Road, Annapolis, MD 21403. For the cost of copies and postage you may also request copies of available documents and information on file with the Secretary of State’s office at 410-974-5521.
You may wish to consult your financial and tax advisor for more information on the different ways to give to Langton Green and tax advantages for you as a donor.
Langton Green, Inc. is recognized as tax-exempt under section 501 (C) 3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Our tax identification # 52-1264071.